Pest inspections are one of the most important services your business can receive. Not only will they help you identify any potential pests and diseases in your property, but they can also recommend preventative measures to keep them at bay. But with so many pest control companies out there, how do you know which one to choose? And what should you ask during your inspection? In this post, we’ll answer these questions and more.
What type of pests do I need to inspect?
When pest inspection services are called for, it’s important to know what type of pests you’re looking for. Some common pests include insects, rodents, and birds. Inspecting for these pests will help prevent damage to your property and increase the efficiency of your pest control program.
To identify specific pests, ask the pest inspector questions about the infestation. For example, if you notice an insect problem, ask what kind of insects are present and where they are located. If you have a rodent problem, ask how many rats or mice are present and what their activity patterns are. And if you notice bird problems, be sure to ask about the species of birds and their nesting habits.
If you think there may be an insect or rodent problem on your property, be sure to call in a professional pest inspection service. Doing so will help identify the source of the problem and make sure it’s addressed quickly.
What are the signs of an infestation?
When someone thinks of pests, they may envision tiny bugs that crawl on the floor or spiders that dangle from the light fixture. In reality, pests can be much bigger and more destructive. Here are some warning signs of an infestation:
1. Infested materials appear dirty and damaged.
2. Infested areas smell bad or have a musty odor.
3. There is evidence of insects or crawling creatures in the area.
4. Infested items are not as attractive to consumers as uninfected items.
5. Infested areas are more likely to suffer from moisture damage than uninfected areas.
What should I do if I find evidence of an infestation?
If you find evidence of an infestation, the first thing you should do is contact your pest inspector. There are a number of things that could indicate an infestation, and your inspector will be able to help you determine the best course of action. Some common signs of an infestation include:
-Excessive numbers of insects or pests in or around the home
-Fleas or ticks on pets or people
-Strange odors or noises coming from the home
How can I prevent an infestation from happening in the first place?
1. How can I prevent an infestation from happening in the first place?
When you think about it, one of the best ways to avoid an infestation is to prevent pests from coming into your home in the first place. Here are some tips:
– Seal all cracks and openings around windows and doors with caulk or silicone. This will help keep bugs out, and reduce the likelihood of them entering through small openings.
– Keep your yard clean and free of leaves, flowers, and other plant material that could provide food for pests.
– Clean up spills immediately, especially if they contain food or water. This will help reduce the likelihood of attracting pests.
– Use a vacuum cleaner with a high capacity dustbin to remove debris around the base of trees, under porches, and in flower beds. This will help reduce the spread of pests inside your home.
How much will it cost to have my property inspected?
When considering a pest inspection service, ask how much it will cost and what services are included. You may also want to inquire about the frequency of inspections and the types of pests that are covered. It is important to remember that not all inspectors are created equal, so choose one who has experience with your area and the pests you are concerned about.